About this Job
1. Participates in developing standards that ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Has joint responsibility with the Administrator for seeing that standards are met.
2. Work in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Director of Nursing
3. Management of all nurse employees and contractors
4. Develop and revise written objectives for the care of patients, policies, and procedure manuals.
5. Responsible for recruiting all nurses, interviewing, hiring, orientation, evaluating, and terminating service personnel.
6. Participates in planning for the orientation of new employees.
7. Conducts selected orientation and continuing education classes for staff engaged in the care of patients.
8. Plans and arranges for consultation needs of staff; prepares and maintains current policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, ACHC, state, etc. laws, and implements such; revises concurrently.
9. Assist in the development of job descriptions.
10. Coordinates interdisciplinary team services:
a. Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary team plan of care.
b. Assures physician approval of plans for continuity of medical care.
c. Provides individual or group support concerning job-related stress or issues.
11. Organizes the Company to delineate and delegate authority, functional responsibility, lines of relationship, and communication to provide safe and therapeutically effective service.
12. Participates in coordinating Company’s services with services of other community agencies.
13. Oversees (under the director of Nursing) and assists in chart reviews to include assessment of timely submission of documents and billing-related thereto and quality assurance
14. Serves on the utilization review committee.
15. Participates in studies and research and other administrative functions as assigned.
16. Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
17. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information.
18. Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality fulfills job requirements without regard to the time involved.
19. Serves as a resource person to employees.
20. Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with the physicians.
21. Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care or conditions that might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.
22. Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles, or unusual occurrence to the Administrator.
23. Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine in-services and shares information with staff.
24. Works with Administrator in identifying budgetary requirements, planning, and determining the appropriate use of allocations for the provision of services.
25. Monitors equipment for appropriate use and take steps to keep misuse to a minimum.
26. Oversees the Company’s ongoing performance improvement (Pl) program; evaluates the performance of nursing staff.
27. Responsible for overseeing the development of indicators with appropriate data collection, aggregation and analysis, taking action, and reporting results according to Agency’s PI Plan.
28. Provides or arranges for the provision of 24 hours/day, seven (7) days/week on-call coverage.
29. Direct, supervise, and coordinate the skilled nursing services and other therapeutic services provided by the Agency.
30.Ensures that patients’ plans of care are developed, implemented, and evaluated.
31. Conducts monthly patient case conferences, in-services, staff meetings and maintains documentation; participates in community education projects.
32. Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.
33. Ensure compliance with federal, state, CHAP, local, and Agency policies in all patient care aspects of the Agency.
34. Recommend to the Administrator the number and levels of members of the nursing staff and visit assignments which will accomplish stated objectives and promote the maximum level of utilization of health personnel.
35. Responds to all customer service calls and addresses and corrects all patient concerns.
36. Assist in establishing criteria for the admission and discharge of patients.
37. Conducts patient visits as needed.
38. Employee also agrees and acknowledges she shall assist the Company in the development of its affiliate, Connolly Care for Children LLC, Connolly Care Hospice.